You’d think I could remember a simple thing like that, wouldn’t you? But no, I was so busy making sure the block was truly squared and the right outside dimensions, I completely forgot to check where the inside area fell. So after I finished cutting (and a perfect job it was, too!) I realized (and far too late, of course) that the embroidery actually trespassed into the seam allowance on one side and there was way too much allowance on the other side. Grumblings and mutterings . . .
Oh, well, I really want to take part in this swap, so I cut out two squares (nothing like doing it right the first time, is there?), both the correct outside dimensions and squared up. Then I basted an inside line, making sure it did not stray close to the stitching area.
I have spent all my available time since working on a new square. I have not photographed each step this time, but will post the finished block as soon as it’s done. I hope that will be tonight. This one is quite different; it’s a basket of daisy blooms done in a fairly ‘naive’ style. I happen to like that a lot. Hope Pascal does, too.
Life has been a bit quiet these past couple of days, just the way I like it. I am still working on a list of resolutions for 2013. At this rate, I may not have to worry about getting any of them done! It will be 2014 any day now . . .