Remember the Jelly Roll squares I made a couple of weeks ago? and the Surprise I said was coming? Well, here it is! Over the past few days I joined them with strips on three sides. Like this:
Finally, I added a dark green strip at the top of the batik square (you can just see a bit of it in the photo) and continued the light green strip across the top of the other, so they overlap. Now I can remove the pillowform and wash the cover when needed. But here’s the problem with ‘design as you go’ . . . the overlap gaps a bit. So I am off to a fabric store next week to buy seven little buttons and there will be another picture of the final solution! Where there’s a will . . .
. . . and then I started the fourth patch for the scrappy Jelly Roll quilt top:
I do want to say, though . . . these are not patterns and colours I would normally choose; the day I bought this Jelly Roll, it was the only one left. But I thought it would do for a practise piece (less angst about spoiling something lovely) and it will still keep someone warm . . . the real point, after all!