Well, it’s been a busy week, catching up with friends and family. I had a good day with my crafty friend. She and her husband picked me up and drove me to the larger of the US dept. outlets. I wanted another brown/blue/orange Jelly Roll so I could make more patches for the quilt. Alas, no Jelly Rolls! None! I finally picked out some Fat Quarters in colours that will work (a couple were the same fabrics I’ve been using). I also chose three short zippers and some iridescent ribbon that I haven’t seen since Lewiscraft. More about the zippers in a day or three . . .
While there, my friends saw that the flooring they were planning to use in their basement was on sale, so they bought nine packages. We had fun fitting them into the car! Especially since I had brought three large bags with me! I should have taken a picture.
Next was a trip to a Dollar Store; my friend was looking for ‘weeds’ to put in the hats of the dolls she’s been making (photos in a bit). No weeds, but I found . . . MORE buttons! Two packs, each with several colours (five or six); one pack holds the long bugle beads, the other round beads in the same colours.
I blame the colours . . . (I won’t mention the large bag of red buttons and another of purple! Can I blame Kym for that? No, I thought not!)
Finally, back to their house to unload the flooring and our other items. Now I had four bags!
Their son and his fiancee came over to borrow movies, so I thanked her for the Easter bread (and asked for the recipe). She will copy it out for me and once I have it, so will all of you! She told me how to create the lovely shape, too. 🙂
By the time the young folks left, it as getting on towards suppertime, so my friend made lasagna and garlic bread while I sorted through one of the button cylinders I bought on Thursday at the fabric store:
They look orange in the picture, but are an attractive pink; deeper in shade than the baby pink of the sweater and with a nice glow to them. Remember the cute little sheep buttons? Well, they are much too big for the knitted-in buttonholes, so I suppose I will end up making that sweater again; next time from washable wool and in off-white. Here’s a picture of the sweater edge with yarn marking the button placement:
Knowing me well, my friend made me weave in all the yarn endings. She was SO pleased to see another of my UFOs finished! . . . then I mentioned that I wasn’t sure where the two little pockets have got to . . . and I haven’t yet made the wee sheep that go IN said pockets . . .
While I was working on the cardi, my Crafty Friend (CF) was working on a set of “Jed” dolls (she has “Jenny” dolls in the works, too, but not ready for their photo op yet). The Jeds needed shoes, so my CF had made some; on Saturday she was adding the eyelets so they would lace up:
Once all the boots were done and donned, the Jeds were ready for a group photo:
One thing was still missing: the ‘weeds’! CF’s husband brought some real ones in from the snowy yard and CF sprayed them wirh varathane so they wouldn’t shed bits:
We went out to the car to find this:
It was a day of fun, creativity, friendship and food, and I’m glad to finally share it with you!