For those of you who are still bringing in the harvest . . .
This recipe comes from http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2012/09/fig-chutney-recipe/
Isn’t it funny how you wait for the new seasons fruits and vegetables with eager anticipation and sometimes…in the case of figs! you drool with that anticipation of the first sweet, juicy, fleshy mouthful only to be replaced with rolling eyes and muttering as basket after basket is bought in and placed on the kitchen bench, week after week lol. I am pretty sure we now have enough figgy somethings to last another year….or two!
This recipe makes 2 x small/medium jars and easily adapts to more in one batch. It’s very nice and also quick and easy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2-inch (2cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2/3 cup (120g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 3/4 cup (100g) raisins and…
View original post 150 more words